Chapter Technology Transfer
Chapter Technology Transfer Chair
School of Architecture Design and the Built Environment
Nottingham Trent University
Chapter Technology Transfer Co-Chair
Foster + Partners
Chapter Technology Transfer Committee
The CTTC plays a pivotal role in facilitating knowledge exchange and promoting technological advancements within our chapter and the wider ASHRAE community.
At CTTC, our primary objective is to plan and organize a diverse range of educational events and activities throughout the year. These events serve as platforms for sharing the latest developments, best practices, and innovative solutions in the field of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC&R) technology.
Our committee members, comprised of dedicated volunteers with expertise in various areas of HVAC&R, work collaboratively to design a comprehensive schedule of events that cater to the needs and interests of our chapter members. These events include technical presentations, seminars, workshops, and panel discussions, featuring industry experts, researchers, and practitioners who are at the forefront of technological advancements in our field.
One of the key initiatives undertaken by the CTTC is the coordination and management of the ASHRAE Technology Awards program at the chapter level. These awards recognize outstanding achievements in the development, application, and dissemination of innovative HVAC&R technologies. By participating in the Technology Awards, our chapter members have the opportunity to showcase their groundbreaking work and contribute to the advancement of the industry as a whole.
ASHRAE UK Technology Awards
The ASHRAE Technology Awards program recognizes, on an international scale, successful applications of innovation design, which incorporate ASHRAE standards for effective energy management, indoor air quality, and good mechanical design.
The first-place-winning project from this award should be invited to proceed with the submission to the ‘European Regional Level Competition’ and gain the chance to enter the ‘ASHRAE Society Level Competition’ if eligible.
- Recognize ASHRAE members who design and/or conceive innovative technological concepts that are proven through actual operating data.
- Communicate innovative systems designs to other ASHRAE members.
- Highlight the technological achievements of ASHRAE to others, including associated professionals and societies worldwide, as well as building and facility owners.
General Categories at our Chapter level
- Sustainable Digital Technology
- Education (University / Research)
- Digital HVAC&R
- Residential Buildings
- Educational Buildings
- Passivhaus Buildings
- Commercial Buildings
- Retrofit Buildings
- Smart Buildings
For the details of the ASHRAE UK Technology Award, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries shall include:
- Application Form – pages 1 and 2 (entrant signature only required)
- System schematic drawing/diagram not larger than 11” x 17” in size (limited text)
- Judging Criterion: Brief narrative of up to 4 pages (font size 12, doubled-spaced, 1-inch margins, 8.5×11 inch paper).
The narrative should include a brief discussion regarding the following criteria (if a criterion is not applicable, state accordingly).
- Energy Efficiency
- Indoor Air Quality
- Operation & Maintenance
- Cost Effectiveness
- Environmental Impact
vii. Quality of Presentation
- One year of operational data is required (must be included in the page limit).
Submit your schematic, brief narrative, and completed form by email – email@example.com
- Rising Star of the Year
- Grad of the Year
- Engineer of the Year
- Women in Built Environment Award
Download the application form contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Deadline – January 31st (every year).